Store Detective Job at Harvey Nichols – Edinburgh
We are currently recruiting for a Full Time Store Detective within our Security team, at our Edinburgh store. You will be required to work weekends, evenings and late nights therefore flexibility is essential
What will you be doing
The successful candidate will be working in conjunction with the uniformed guards, be responsible for preventing, reducing and minimising losses whilst also providing a safe and secure environment, by ensuring procedures are carried out in accordance with the Company rules and procedures. Other duties include theft detection and the use of CCTV, carrying out investigations where necessary and opening and closing the store. Random security checks/ searches on staff and visitors will also be required, as well as being conversant with all internal procedures, particularly in relation to the intruder and fire systems.
Skills and Experience Needed
Previous experience in retail security essential and you must have an ability to assess risk in the workplace and excellent customer care skills.
The ideal candidate should be able to complete the following
- To uphold the Company’s policies and procedures in all security related matters and to report any breaches of Company policy.
- To be confident in following the Company’s emergency procedures.
- To provide a fair and consistent level of enforcement of all policies and procedures and to represent the Company in a professional manner, maintaining a high level of confidentiality at all times.
- To identify and advise management and staff of any possible stock loss risks or best practice in loss prevention.
- To detect, apprehend and detain persons responsible for stealing Company property, cash and/or merchandise, and following Company policy and procedures in the conviction of individuals.
- To conduct regular and random searches of employee and contractors’ possessions, within the Company’s policies.
- To maintain a high standard of personal professional knowledge relating to Criminal Law, court procedures and security equipment.
- Maintain a safe working environment for staff, customers and visitors to the store.
All your hard work, rewarded
Our colleagues are as important to us as our customers. When working with us you will be introduced to a huge variety of bebefits including: –
- Very generous staff discount plus annual clothing allowance
- Bonus scheme
- 24/7 access to our employee support helplines including free counselling, financial and legal advice
- Vouchers or schemes that fit your world from childcare to bike to work
- Charity day to support your good cause
Where do I sign?
The process from here is simple;
- Your application will be reviewed by a specialist recruiter in our HR Team
- If suitable you will be called and asked a few simple questions and if expectations match we will invite you to an interview.
Please ensure that you include a cover letter with your application detailing the hours you are available to work and your current salary and salary expectations.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations
About the Company
Company: Harvey Nichols –
Company Location: Edinburgh