SRE Telemetry Job at Talend – Nantes (44)
Talend, a leader in data integration and data integrity, is changing the way the world makes decisions.
Talend Data Fabric is the only platform that seamlessly combines an extensive range of data integration and governance capabilities to actively manage the health of corporate information. This unified approach is unique and essential to delivering complete, clean, and uncompromised data in real-time to all.
Over 6,500 customers have chosen Talend to run their businesses on healthy data. Talend is consistently recognized as a leader in its field by Forrester and Gartner.
We pride ourselves in our values of Passion, Agility, Team Spirit, and Integrity. Every one of our 1,400 employees brings a certain je ne sais quoi that makes Talend special.
Telemetry is a foundational requirement for a Cloud business to understand user behavior and develop better product. As part of the Product Telemetry Platform program, Talend is putting in place a reliable and robust central telemetry data service to develop internal data-driven analytics and smart customer facing applications or features.
As part of that team, we are looking to hire a Data infrastructure & Operations Specialist.
His/her mission is to support implementations, operations and maintenance of data extraction and integration processes between Talend Cloud systems and Data Science/Analytics.
Skill and activities:
- Data Lake administration:
o Ability to configure and use managed object-stores, their security and lifecycle.
o Expertise in AWS S3 (Minio and Azure Blob Storage is a plus).
- OLTP/OLAP Database management:
o Ability to configure and use database instances, their availability and access roles.
o Expertise in AWS RDS (PostgreSQL), document DB (MongoDB) and DWH (Snowflake).
o Code documentation and versioning (GitHub), Containerized applications management (Docker and Kubernetes), Kubernetes packaging (Helm), Continuous Integration (Jenkins), Deployment (FluxCD) and Promotion across multiple environments.
o Infrastructure-as-Code through scripting languages (Bash, Go), configuration management (Ansible), YAML-descriptor (CRD) and abstraction SDK (Terraform).
- DataOps management and monitoring:
o Configuration, test, scheduling and monitoring of Data extraction, integration and consumption processes.
o Logging (Elastic/Kibana) and Performance metrics (Prometheus/Grafana) monitoring.
Experience level and attitude:
- 4 years of professional experience in Consulting or Engineering.
- Pre-empting infrastructure Governance, data Protection and regulatory Compliance.
- Work in a decentralized but connected, ambitious and respectful environment.
- Learn and share every day, grow experience and develop leadership skills.
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- CEO named a 2020 Top Diverse Leader by the National Diversity Council
- 5th consecutive year named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- 3rd consecutive year named as a Leader for Data Quality Solutions in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- Recognized as a Challenger for Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS) in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- “2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For” by Glassdoor
- Named Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, Talend believes our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We want to look like our customers, and we recruit, develop and retain the most hardworking people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
About the Company
Company: Talend –
Company Location: Nantes (44)