Security Team Leader Job at Wilson James – Milton Keynes
Would you like to be part of something amazing? Our people are our greatest asset and we invest in career progression and personal development, so that you can be a part of a workforce that remains focused, dedicated, and happy. We collaborate, we raise standards and we win awards. So why not come and be amazing with Wilson James and work for us as a Team Leader?
We have an opportunity you to join us as a Team Leader at our site based in Milton Keynes. The site is a technology factory for a well-known brand, forging a unique path in sport’s most technologically advanced and competitively compelling arena – Formula One.
As a Security Team Leader you will be responsible for carrying out reception duties, managing a team, Rota’s, welfare checks, scenario testing, and employee reviews, investigations /disciplinary, officer training, SOP’s & Risk assessments.
As a Team Leader you will:
- Manage a team of security officers
- Completing line management duties including monitoring quality of work, performance management, Rota planning, conduct regular one-to-one meetings and supporting team development
- Ensuring the maintenance and tidiness of the security desk including filing systems, log books, folders and ALL documentation
- Managing and maintaining the access control system including access control passes, CCTV and carpark barriers, shutters and gates
- Checking uniform standards of all those on FOH
- Managing ALL sickness/leave/holiday request, arranging cover
- Conducting training and inductions of new and existing staff
- Security members are responsible for the delivery of a range of security services that include patrolling, key issue, monitoring of alarms and CCTV, staff welfare, response to the fire systems, and the lock up of the estate.
- Security members are expected to engage in the client culture and objectives, whilst delivering their duties in a professional manner and giving exceptional customer service.
- Maintain a polite, courteous, and friendly manner towards the public, the client, and colleagues
Excellent training and development, SIA licence costs, annual leave entitlement, auto enrolment pension scheme, death in service benefit
Shifts/Hours: Full time, 48 hours a week, 4 on, 4 off, nights only – 19:00 – 07:00
Salary: £11.46 per hour
- DS SIA Licence
- Driving Licence
- Must have minimum supervisor level experience
- Must have a previous experience in conducting performance reviews, team meetings, investigations and training management
- Deliver excellent customer service and have excellent IT skills
- Demonstrate the ability to think and act quickly in emergencies or under pressure
- Have an ability to deliver succinct and clear verbal and written reports where necessary
- Demonstrate reliability including the ability to deliver high standards of both punctuality and attendance in order to ensure team effectiveness and availability
- Able to deal calmly and confidently with all demands from the public.
- An understanding of the principles of equality and diversity in relation to visitors’ needs.
We celebrate diversity. With more than 75 nationalities represented in the Wilson James family, we are a truly inclusive company.
Wilson James is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. A criminal conviction will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position, however each case will be assessed on an individual basis.
For information about Wilson James’ commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please see our website.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £11.46 per hour
- Company events
- Company pension
- Referral programme
- Wellness programmes
- DS SIA (required)
- Driving Licence (required)
About the Company
Company: Wilson James –
Company Location: Milton Keynes