Security Supervisor Job at Black & McDonald Limited – Toronto, ON
Black & McDonald’s team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
The Security Supervisor is responsible for overseeing a team of individuals, including a guard services vendor that executes security services on behalf of Toronto Hydro Electrical Systems Limited. Acting as the lead for Black & McDonald’s security services team, this role will include, but not limited to the following duties:
- Provide leadership and assist with strategic objectives related to security operations.
- Work Order Management; Supervise, plan and coordinate work assignments and the administration of security service
- Coordinate Security Hardware Maintenance
- Manage KPIs for security operations
- Developing, coordinating and / or providing staff training programs as required.
- Work with Security Integrator for programming related issues and processes
- Formulate Action Plans for security operational issues
- Recommends/Implements Solutions to security operational issues
- Stakeholder management
- Emergency response planning and auditing
- Onboarding/Off boarding audits for employees and contractors
- Support and Ensure Security vendors ISN Compliance for certifications and licenses is fully-executed
- Standard Reporting- Access reports, employee database report, parking database
- Process Audits – knowledge testing, onboarding process audits, emergency preparedness audits, database audits
- Oversee Key Audits and inventory management
- Oversee Parking Audits and inventory management
- Mentor and train reporting staff
- Performance development and career planning for team
- Quality assurance checks to ensure vendor contract obligations are being satisfied
- Perform other duties as required
- Excellent Communication skills (verbal and report writing).
- Experience utilizing software packages, Security CCTV, and Access Control equipment.
- Experience in emergency and evacuation procedures including first aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written at organizational all levels.
- Proven customer service skills.
- Ability to work days, evenings and weekends including holidays, as required to support operational requirements.
- Required to provide a Clear Police Reference Check
A university degree or equivalent post-secondary degree in a field of study that maintains relatable knowledge that is transferable to the job requirements outlined for this position
Experience in the security industry may substitute for post-secondary education requirements
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Minimum of 3-4 years of experience in a Security Supervisor position and managing a team
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Able to travel within the Greater Toronto Area (GTA)
Security clearance requirements: must be able to get reliability or secret clearance
Due to many mandatory vaccination requirements at client projects / facilities, in order to provide substantial employment by ensuring compliance with our client mandates, the successful candidate may be required to validate full vaccination prior to hire. Further compliance to recommendations outlined by Provincial / Municipal Public Health Organizations, or client specific mandates, which may be subject to change, may also be a requirement of employment.
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
If you are an existing Black & McDonald employee, please notify your supervisor
of your interest and intent to apply before applying.
About the Company
Company: Black & McDonald Limited –
Company Location: Toronto, ON