Security Operations Cyber Analysts Jobs in Seascale – England – UK at Sellafield Ltd
Title: Security Operations Cyber Analysts
Company: Sellafield Ltd
Location: Seascale – England – UK
Type: Full Time
Category: IT/Tech, Security
We are nuclear professionals in everything we doAt Sellafield, we’re true pioneers. We led the world in nuclear power production, now we’re the world’s first movers into environmental remediation. Building on our rich history, we’re striding into an era where we’ll transform the environment, local society, the regional economy and the global nuclear industry. Covering six square kilometres, the site in West Cumbria is home to more than 200 nuclear facilities.
A team of 11,000 people here work alongside our supply chain partners, to tackle a diverse portfolio of decommissioning, reprocessing, spent fuel management, nuclear waste management and nuclear material management.
We have a number of Cyber Security Operations Analyst (SOC Analyst) vacancies based within our Security and Resilience department. The role will predominantly involve monitoring of Cyber Security Systems, identifying threats and responding with the appropriate actions to investigate and remediate.
On a day to day basis the role involves:
• Manage the interface and output of the Cyber Security Monitoring systems.
• Performing monitoring and analysis of Cyber Security systems identifying and responding to threats.
• Aid in development of detection rules, signatures and Indicators of Compromise.
• Producing regular reports and provide timely information to the DFIR Supervisor in relation to Protective Monitoring.
• Maintaining familiarity with legislation and regulations.
• Reviewing, document and applying good practice against all Cyber Security incidents for damage arising from compromise of company sensitive and Government protectively marked information.
• Supporting the DFIR Supervisor in acting as Forensic First Responder as part of the initial response to Cyber Security incidents.
• Delivering effective support for Cyber Security and Digital Forensic activities.
• Support the Cyber Security aspects within the Cyber Security programme.
• Support the S & R Cyber Security and Information Assurance team in the Cyber Security arena.
To thrive in the role you will need:
• Several years experience working in a technical ICT or Cyber Security role.
• Good understanding or corporate IT infrastructure and system.
• Experience or knowledge of analysis and handling of security related events.
• Experience /
If candidate has relevant degree (e.g. Computer Security), this counts towards equivalence for demonstrable experience, however irrespective of the candidate’s education, hands on experience within equivalent role is required.
• Strong problem solving skills with ability to creativity apply technical knowledge to dynamic and varied investigations.
• Ability to achieve DV and NPPV Clearance.
You may also have experience with:
• Security Incidents Event Management products (SIEM)
• Network Based Intrusion Detection Systems (NIDS)
• Full Packet Capture systems
• Host Based Intrusion Detection Systems (HIDS)
• Configuration, operation, troubleshooting and management (i.e. Tools Specialist) of security tools and appliances
• Variety of Security Event generating sources (e.g. Firewalls, IDS, Routers, Security Appliances)
• Computer forensics tools (stand alone and network)
• Open Source Computer security tools (Vulnerability Assessment, Anti-virus, Protocol Analysis, Exploitation frameworks, IDS / IPS)
• One or more professional SANS / GIAC certifications. CISSP or other relevant certifications will also be considered
Pay & Benefit…