Security Guard Job at Nicholas and Company – 2.9 Salt Lake City, UT
NICHOLAS AND COMPANY SECURITY OFFICER
With over 75 years in the food distribution service, Nicholas & Company delivers exceptional products and services throughout the Intermountain West. From our humble beginnings in 1939 to our current third-generation leadership and state-of-the art food distribution facilities, Nicholas & Company has delivered the highest quality products and services to our valued customers.
We are currently seeking an individual to join our team as a Security Officer. The Security Officer provides a safe environment for team members, visitors, and customers. This position is responsible for enforcing policy, providing assistance, responding to emergencies, and providing protection for team members, visitors, and Nicholas and Company property.
No experience required. In addition to joining a company that has been awarded “Best Companies to Work For”, we offer excellent training, development and an outstanding benefits package. This is an active role where you will be a key part of our Safety and People and Culture teams.
Essential Job Duties:
- Maintains security presence at the Nicholas and Company Salt Lake distribution center.
- Ensure that no unauthorized persons are in restricted areas.
- Performs routine rounds on the interior and exterior of the facility including parking areas.
- Understands and enforces Nicholas and Company policies, procedures and safety practices.
- Responds promptly to security related questions and calls.
- Performs scene assessment, gathers relevant information, resolves conflict, and completes appropriate documentation.
- Provides directions and information to team members, visitors, and customers.
- At least 18 years of age with high school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills; must be organized with strong attention to deadlines.
- Valid Utah issued driver’s license.
- Basic familiarity with PC computers preferred, including familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be able to perform essential duties and responsibilities efficiently, accurately and safely, with or without reasonable accommodation and without creating threat or harm.
- Must comply with all company policies and procedures, as well as, state, federal and safety regulations.
Rate: $15/hour + all benefits (medical, dental and 401k). Medical, Dental, Vision benefits begin on Day 1.
Shift Details: Full-time, 36 hrs/week. Schedule will include overnight hours.
Monday 3am-3pm, Thursday 3am-3pm, and Friday 3am-3pm
If this role excites you; tell us why, we’d love to hear from you!
Job Type: Full-time
About the Company
Company: Nicholas and Company – 2.9
Company Location: Salt Lake City, UT