Receptionist Front Desk Screener Job at Banner Health – 3.6 Glendale, AZ
The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we’re excited about what the future holds for health care. That’s why we’re changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. Our team has come together with the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. The future of health care starts here. If you’re ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
Banner Thunderbird is currently seeking a full time Receptionist / Front Desk Screener. This position is responsible for greeting, screening, and providing assistance to staff and patients, families, and visitors coming into the facility. As the first face of Banner Thunderbird you will manage the flow of staff and visitors into the facility providing information and direction as needed, including Greet patients/visitors/vendors. Ask health screening questions, take temperatures, provide badging and directions to guests and deliver patient belongings to patient rooms. This position provides quality customer service and may also answer phones as needed.
This is a 30 hour per week position and start times will fluctuate between 8:30am start or a 12pm start time and will include some weekends. Occasionally there may be a need for an opening shift of 6am so some flexibility required. Customer service expertise is essential. Computer skills needed. Bilingual preferred.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Nonprofit Banner Thunderbird Medical Center opened its doors in 1983 and has been growing ever since to meet the health care needs of the communities it serves in northwest metropolitan Phoenix. Today, the 555-bed hospital – one of the largest hospitals in the state – is annually ranked as one of the top hospitals in the Phoenix metropolitan area by US News & World Report and enjoys a reputation as the preferred provider of care to children and adults in the area in consumer preference surveys. The tertiary care hospital provides everything from routine to advanced, specialized care to both adult and pediatric patients. Specialized services include cardiology, orthopedic surgery, pediatrics, neurosurgery, robotic surgery, stroke care and a women and infants services program. Additionally, in partnership with top-ranked MD Anderson Cancer Center, Banner Thunderbird also offers state-of-the-art cancer care. Banner Thunderbird is certified as a Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center and features a 35-bed Level III neonatal intensive care unit that cares for babies of high-risk pregnancies and those born prematurely. Banner Thunderbird is also home to the only pediatric intensive care unit for seriously ill or injured children in the area. If you would like to contribute to truly leading edge caring, we invite you to bring your experience and skills to Banner Thunderbird.
This position is responsible for greeting, screening, and providing assistance to patients, families, and visitors. This position provides quality customer service and may also answer phones and control access to a care delivery area.
1. Greets and assists visitors to the area. Provides them with general information regarding processes and policies, and directs them to appropriate resources, services, or areas.
2. Maintains an orderly waiting area and works with volunteer services to provide a positive/satisfying experience for patients and/or visitors. Reports maintenance issues as needed to facilitate visitor comfort and safety.
3. In patient care delivery areas, coordinates access to the care delivery area, performs visitor authorization procedures, serves as a liaison between visitors and staff, relays visitor concerns to staff, and coordinates visitor support services such as assigning lockers, taking and relaying messages, assigning pagers to visitors, etc.
4. May answer phones, transfer calls , take messages, and relay messages and information as needed.
5. May perform these additional functions, depending on assigned area: assembles charts, files, sorts mail, maintains supplies inventory, transports patients, processes occasional miscellaneous payments, or other appropriate duties as requested.
6. Performs functions within established parameters. Customers include patients, families, and the community at large.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Must have good interpersonal communication and display compassion in stressful situations.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
About the Company
Company: Banner Health – 3.6
Company Location: Glendale, AZ