Campus Safety Supervisor/Training Coordinator (Lieutenant) Job at Lynn University – 4.1 Boca Raton, FL
Lynn University is an innovative, global and personalized college based in Boca Raton, Florida. Our 3,000 students are from approximately 100 countries. Our NCAA Division II Fighting Knights athletics program has won 25 national championships (and counting!)
Lynn is one of the top colleges to work for in the nation, according to a survey by the Great College to Work For program. We are an Honor Roll institution with accolades in 10 categories, including compensation and benefits, confidence in senior leadership, job satisfaction and support, and teaching environment.
As a Lynn employee, you will help us build a better world with our students. Lynn is currently accepting applications for the position of Campus Safety Supervisor/Training Coordinator (Lieutenant).
The primary purpose of the Campus Safety supervisor/training coordinator is to provide oversight to the Campus Safety force and represent Lynn University in daily campus safety and security operations. The Campus Safety Supervisor/Training Coordinator strives to ensure proper performance by Campus Safety personnel and responds to any student, faculty, staff, or guest concerns. The Campus Safety Supervisor/Training Coordinator maintains a professional customer service-oriented demeanor. In addition to the above, this position oversees and develops all Campus Safety departmental training programs, including semi-annual, in-service training, progressive skill development training, accreditation standards, and new hire orientations. The Lieutenant will actively engage as a departmental liaison for Title IX/VAWA training and keep the safety team informed of best practices. Additionally, this position provides assistance and support with Title IX investigations as necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides direct supervision to a designated Campus Safety shift within the operational structure of the department. The Campus Safety force operates on a 24 hour, 7 day a week duty schedule.
- Engages in consistent support to staff, visible patrols, and astute observations to promote the physical security of the campus and the safety of students, employees, and guests to the campus.
- Ensures adequate response to all matters reported during shift.
- Engage students, employees and guest in a welcoming and engaging manner to promote a high level of customer service and enhance their overall experience on campus.
- Actively engages in hazard prevention techniques to promote the safety of the campus and elevates concerns to the appropriate administrator for discussion when appropriate.
- Ensures that all Lynn University policies and procedures are enforced.
- Works to resolve conflicts among all members of the campus community including; parents, students, faculty, visitors and staff in a professional, courteous, and respectful manner at all times.
- Designs and executes training requirements for the Campus Safety staff.
- Reviews, edits and approves all Incident Reports generated during duty shift. Ensures that reports contain the appropriate facts for dissemination to University administration.
- Plans and schedules shift personnel, approves vacation requests, administers performance counseling and discipline when necessary.
- Maintains shift personnel records.
- Provides leadership and management during urgent situations until supervisory or administrative personnel provide relief.
- Actively engages and participates in assessment and accreditation efforts within the campus safety department.
- Actively engages in programming for students, faculty, and staff relating to campus safety and security topics.
- Act as a First Responder when the university is in a crisis (i.e., hurricanes, fires, floods, etc.).
- Act as the departmental liaison for all Title IX matters; works closely with the Title IX Coordinator. Provide training and education on best practices associated with VAWA/Title IX response.
- Manages, updates and publishes the Campus Safety training manual. Creates training schedules, coordinates field trainers, and reviews/and approves all Daily Observation Reports (DOR’s) for new hires. Reports to the Assistant Chief of Campus Safety on all training matters.
- Schedules and conducts introductory training for all Campus Safety new hires.
- Plans semi-annual in-service training for all department members.
- Works with other campus departments and offices to collaborate on training objectives relevant to officer performance, skills, and knowledge.
- Provides quarterly reports to the Assistant Chief of Campus Safety regarding staff external training accomplishments and levels of achievement.
- Conducts ongoing outcome assessment of training programs and keeps current on trends in the field.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university; or one to two years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be certified in First Aid / CPR / AED.
- Must have or be able to obtain basic ICS certification within the first 90 days of employment.
- Knowledge and ability to utilize Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint at an intermediate level.
- Familiarity with CCTV.
- Prior training development and implementation experience is preferred.
- Leadership, Time Management, Multitasking, and crisis management abilities.
Accreditation and equal opportunity
Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy, parenting status, veteran status or retirement status in its activities and programs. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the Lynn University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431, [email protected], or +1 561-237-7727; or to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2020 Lynn University
Americans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling +1 561-237-7639.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed disclosure of information regarding campus security practices (including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency Warnings, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at lynn.edu/securityreport
For your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.
Job Type: Full-time
About the Company
Company: Lynn University – 4.1
Company Location: Boca Raton, FL